9.14.2010

weekend of showers

Of 3 different types…

#1 – Baby Shower

Missy is preggers with a baby girl + is due October 21.  (Although, I think she should go a day early so the baby shares a birthday with me… and her birthday will be 10.20.2010.)  Isn’t she adorable?!  And hello, Coach diaper bag?!  Yes please…

100_2847100_2848

#2 – Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party

My best friend Kristin who I have known since we were 1 is getting married in October!  This entire weekend was devoted to celebrating her upcoming nuptials.

Saturday was the bachelorette party at Sugar Creek Winery in Augusta, followed by dinner + dessert at Cyrano’s in Webster Groves.  We had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to catch up with some high school friends I haven’t seen in ages!  And the bride, of course, had a LOT of fun. ;o)100_2866100_2869100_2882

100_2875

100_2880

100_2884

100_2886100_2890100_2893

Sunday was the neighborhood bridal shower put on by the mom’s (who were also invited to the bachelorette party, so they had a very busy weekend).  Kristin + Craig got a ton of wonderful gifts, and of course we had great food!  I love this girl so much and am so excited to be part of her special day!

100_2905

100_2910100_2909

#3 – Rain Showers

I had a 12 mile long run scheduled for Saturday, and was so worried that I was going to wake up to pouring down rain.  And with such a busy weekend planned, I wasn’t sure if I would have time to get my run in a different day.  Luckily, I woke up to clouds and no rain… although I did get some sprinkles from wind through the trees!

Overall, it was another great run (I really don’t have too many bad runs).  And officially marked 1 month until the Chicago Marathon!  I am feeling really hopeful about it.  I have added some speed training in on Wednesdays, instead of doing a longer mid-week run, which has really helped keep my pace right around 8:00 per mile.  Running 7:51/mile will put me at 3:25:00 for the marathon, which I think I might be able to keep that pace up.  Right now, I am running at a comfortable pace with 8:00-8:20 per mile, so I think that is completely feasible…

October is definitely going to be a busy + exciting month!  Stayed posted for some pumpkin ‘cretes coming up soon!  Oooh, and probably some pumpkin beer too! ;o)   

No comments:

Post a Comment